Marquès de Murrieta Wineries
The wine tradition from modernity
The origin of the Marqués de Murrieta winery is linked to the origin of Rioja wine. Its founder, the Marqués de Murrieta, made his first wine in 1852 in Logroño, and settled in Finca Ygay at the end of the 1870s. Located in the heart of La Rioja, this farm houses the Castillo de Ygay, the headquarters of the Marqués de Murrieta winery, surrounded by 300 hectares of vineyards. In 2014 the rehabilitation and modernization of its more than twenty buildings was completed. It was at that time and through the designer Josep Maria Morera, that we received the order to signal the winery and to identify the different buildings of the farm. The resulting exquisite architecture and the care with which the property made this reform, both inside the buildings and external areas with accesses, gardens, roads and places extraordinarily recovered, meant a professional challenge for Signes.