With the ground of our 40th anniversary, we wanted to reissue the Signes Award for Design Students.
The Signes Awards for design students were born in 1995 on the initiative of Signes, aimed to all students enrolled in the final year of design schools in Spain. The juries of those ten editions were of extraordinary quality, unusual for a call born from a medium-sized company: Alan Fletcher, Oscar Tusquets, Ron Arad, Mariscal, Oscar Mariné, Jaime Hayon, Erik Spiekermann, Pepe Cruz Novillo, Carlos Rolando, Lluís Morillas, Juan Gatti, Daniel Giralt-Miracle, Oliviero Toscani or Fernando Amat among many others, evaluated the quality of the works presented.
For several years, scholarships were awarded to the prize winners at: Fabrica, founded by Benetton in Treviso, Interaction Design Institute, founded by Telecom Italia and Olivetti in Ivrea and at Javier Mariscal’s studio in Barcelona.
We are very excited to reissue this unique edition of the award to celebrate our 40th anniversary.
The jury is composed of six professionals from the world of architecture and design:
– Mario Eskenazi · Graphic Designer
– Malika Favre · Illustrator and Graphic Designer
– Rupert Goddard · Director of Graphic Design and Associate of Foster & Partners
– Marisa Gallén · Graphic Designer
– Javi Royo · Illustrator and Graphic Designer
– Benedetta Tagliabue · Architect